Sunday, August 3, 2008

As Time Goes By

Well, it's been four days since I got home. The differences are striking. Yes, I can get to a big box store much faster and there is recycling (one thing I truly missed) but my children can't roam around outside here (we barely have a backyard)which I think is having quite an effect on their health and happiness.
I think I've been getting "signs" that perhaps we could really make a go of it on the island, but the funny thing about signs is that if you're looking for them, chances are you find some. But really, hearing a song on a rock station the other day that contained words to "I'se the by" was just too weird.
So is Newfoundland calling me home? I'd like to think so, but I have to hang on and see (and get some more schooling done). Until then I'll dream my dreams, see my signs and long for an island in the Atlantic.

No comments: